We want Nomad customers and travellers to get the best possible equipment and health advice during their visits to every Nomad Travel Store and Clinic. To ensure this, our staff are kept abreast of new products, product developments and latest in travel health services. All of our staff and nurses undergo a continual programme of product and health training and on the job skills development.
For those that wish to pursue a career with Nomad, we are able to offer training and personal development programmes. We aim, wherever possible to promote from within and a combination of both external and internal training will set you in position for a rewarding career with Nomad.
We have also received recognised accreditation as an “Employer of Excellence” from Peninsula. Peninsula is one of the UK’s leading Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists.
Come on a journey with us at Nomad
Undertake an individualised fully supported “in house” training programme whilst working as a Travel Health Nurse in our clinics. Previous knowledge is beneficial but not required. Enthusiasm, good communication and people skills are essential in order to provide an excellent, personalised, holistic travel health service to our clients – which sets us apart.
Nomad are proud to provide a flexible working environment and are open to discussions on part-time roles to compliment and existing position. We are able to provide free travel health training for those interested in the specialism!
Current posts available:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Nomad has been focused on providing the best care for its clients since 1991. Bringing together a pharmacy, clinic and a well-tested range of travel kit, we have created an unmatched one-stop service for travellers. We are all passionate about travel and invested in getting our clients ready for their trips; whether that’s a trek in Nepal, a relaxed break in the Caribbean, charity workers off to natural disasters, film crews making documentaries in the jungle or an around the world backpacking trip.
The coronavirus pandemic has clearly changed the shape of travel for some time to come. As well as providing vaccinations and travel medication Nomad now offers our clients a range of Covid-19 tests and certificates. We continue to provide doctor screening medicals, accounts client management and a range of psychosocial and occupational health services.
Nomad Travel Nurses provide in-clinic and remote consultations to a wide range of clients. You will perform high quality risks assessments and administer vaccines and medication under Patient group Directions. As a Lead Nurse you will manage a small team and be responsible for rotas, absence management, training and mentoring. You have an exciting opportunity to innovate and diversify at your location and will be supported by a team comprising some of the leading academics and physicians in travel health.
Although desirable, previous travel health experience is not essential. You will receive comprehensive training and we will work with you to develop your career in this ever-changing and exciting area of medicine. All our sites are Covid-19 secure.
Required qualifications and registrations:
- Essential: Hold current registration with NMC.
- Essential: Hold a qualification in Registered Nursing (Adult/Child/Mental Health/Learning Disability)
- Essential: At least 2 years experience as a Band 5 or equivalent in a fast-paced environment
- Desirable – Foundation/ Diploma in Travel Medicine
- Essential: An interest in Travel Health medicine.
- Essential: Experienced in mentoring and/or leading a small team
- Essential: Able to work Monday-Sunday, as necessary
- Experience in rotas, absence management, mentoring
- Desirable: Experience in venepuncture.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload for the clinic team, always putting the client first.
- Effective communicator across a multidisciplinary team.
- Organised and able to problem solve.
- Hard working, conscientious
- Interest in learning
- Autonomous worker who is not afraid to seek help and advice when required
- A keen sense of loyalty and commitment