Nomad can provide a COVID-19 travel certificate with your swab test results. The certificate supports your ability to travel where a COVID-19 negative test result is required, or to return to work if your employer is requesting a negative result. Signed by your clinician, it outlines your test result as well as the method of testing.
To be able to provide a COVID-19 travel certificate, we will confirm your ID during a video consultation. During this consultation, you will also complete your PCR Self-Swab Test on video with your Nomad clinician. Your clinician will guide you on how to properly collect a sample & achieve accurate results.
Please ensure you read and understand the following important information:
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that express PCR test results are turned around within 48 hours, we cannot guarantee it. In most cases we will absolutely deliver turnaround times within 48 hours, however due to the potential for courier issues and the (very rare) potential for the lab to fail to meet their own standards, Nomad cannot take responsibility for any travel disruption you may face. Although we will work with you at all times to make sure your trip is successful
- This is a self-sample kit for use at home. You must follow the included instructions carefully as you are responsible for accurate sample collection
- This test kit is for detection of the live coronavirus indicating a current infection. To determine whether you were previously infected with the virus, you will require Coronavirus Antibody Testing In-Clinic
- There are inconsistencies with both return to work & international travel regulations. Additionally, these regulations are changing rapidly
- If you do not require a Travel Certificate, order the PCR Swab Kit
When should i use the express coronavirus self-test kit?
The express coronavirus pcr swab test is ideal for anyone who needs to prove a negative COVID-19 infection results for travel or work. The express option ensures results are returned to you within 48 hours of your swab sample being collected. If your destination country has entry requirements for a COVID-19 travel certificate that is dated with 72 hours of your departure/arrival – the express coronavirus test is the appropriate test to meet these requirements.
How does the coronavirus self-test pcr swab kit work?
Once you’ve completed your purchase, your coronavirus self-test kits will be posted to you. You will then:
- Select the option you require:
- Self-Arranged Courier – you will arrange to have your sample delivered to the laboratory by courier
- Overnight Courier (price varies £10-50) – we will contact you by phone to provide a courier quote based on your address & take payment for courier charges. We will contact you to arrange a courier collection of your sample for overnight delivery to the laboratory
- Same-day Courier (price varies £50-350) – we will contact you by phone to provide a courier quote based on your address & take payment for courier charges. We will contact you to arrange a courier collection of your sample for sameday delivery to the laboratory
- Place your order, selecting the delivery option you require: Express – delivery of your kit in 1-2 working days from completion of your order or Standard – delivery of your kit in 3-5 working days from completion of your order
- We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for you to have a video call with a Nomad clinician & to arrange courier collection of your sample
- Once you receive your test kit, visit the Activation Portal – we will securely collect some personal information to activate your kit. Don’t open your swab sample kit! Wait until your video consultation
- During your video consultation, your clinician will guide you through properly collecting your nose & throat sample and will require you to present 1 form of photo ID e.g a passport or driving license
- Package your sample as instructed – you may be required to print a label for your courier collection
- Give your packaged sample to your arranged courier for delivery to our laboratory for testing
It is essential that the instructions are followed exactly to ensure that your kit is activated, and your sample is correctly obtained & sufficient for coronavirus infection testing.
Using the email provided when you activate your self-test kit, we will send a link to your online results documents along with security instructions.
How much does the express coronavirus pcr swab cost?
The Nomad express coronavirus self-test kit + covid-19 travel certificate costs from £195. We offer several options:
- £195 – Self-Arranged Courier
- £205-245 – Overnight Courier (price dependent on collection postcode, we will contact you to provide quote and take payment by phone)
- £245-545 – Sameday Courier (price dependent on collection postcode, we will contact you to provide quote and take payment by phone)
The total cost of the express coronavirus test will include delivery of the kit to your home in advance of your video consultation. Delivery charges are as follows
- £7 – Express delivery (1-2 working days – same day dispatch if ordered before 4pm)
- £3.85 Standard delivery (3-5 working days)
How will i receive my coronavirus self-test pcr swab results?
Once the laboratory has completed their analysis of your sample, we will send your results to the email address provided when activating your express coronavirus self-test kit online.
How long does it take to get coronavirus pcr swab self-test results?
The express covid-19 test takes up to 48 hours to get your results. This is the maximum time it will take from when you have collected your swab sample. This ensures certificates are dated in accordance with some countries requirement for certificates dated up to 72 hours before arrival/departure.
What are the possible results of the self-test?
Your results documents will include your results, which will be either Negative or Positive. You will be provided with information to help you understand your coronavirus self-test kits results.
There is a 1% chance your test result can come back as Inconclusive and the lab will inform us that you need a retest. There are a number of factors why this happens and the lab will not be able to be too specific. Inconclusive tests mean the lab can not prove you DID NOT have Covid-19 when you were tested, you will be advised to not fly by our team until you are retested. and no certificate will be provided.
What if i have further questions about my coronavirus self-test kit results?
Our expert clinicians are available to answer your questions regarding your coronavirus self-test kit results. Contact us anytime if you need guidance.
About coronavirus self-test analysis
Specialist laboratories are able to analyse swab samples to see if COVID-19 coronavirus is present. If the virus is present in your sample, you are currently infected with COVID-19.
Can I use this express PCR swab test to help me with international travel and return to work?
Yes – You may also be able to use this test kit as a means of supporting entry to another country or for return to work purposes. There are currently inconsistencies with both return to work and international travel regulations. Different countries and employers have different regulations, and these regulations are changing rapidly. You must check with your employer, insurer and airline as to their individual & specific constraints around travel & COVID-19 testing. Nomad can help by providing you with a COVID-19 Certificate for Travel with both our PCR & Antibody testing services. This certificate helps to support the validity of your test result.
Nomad cannot take any responsibility for those who are refused entry to a country, airline or work place with a Nomad test result & certificate. This certificate is to support the validity of your test results. It by no means will guarantee your entry to a country, airline or work place.