Please ensure you read and understand the following important information:
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that express PCR test results are turned around within 3-5 days, we cannot guarantee it. In most cases we will absolutely deliver turnaround times within 48 hours, however due to the potential for courier issues and the (very rare) potential for the lab to fail to meet their own standards, Nomad cannot take responsibility for any travel disruption you may face. Although we will work with you at all times to make sure your trip is successful
- This is a self-sample kit for use at home. You must follow the included instructions carefully as you are responsible for accurate sample collection
- This test kit is for detection of the live coronavirus indicating a current infection. To determine whether you were previously infected with the virus, you will require Coronavirus Antibody Testing In-Clinic
- The PCR Swab Kit + Travel Certificate can also be used to assist with international travel requirement and return to work when accompanied with a Doctors letter highlighting a Negative result
When should i use this coronavirus self-test kit?
You may want to use coronavirus self-test if you currently have symptoms of the virus or you have recently been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 coronavirus confirmed or has recently experienced symptoms. Some people infected with COVID-19 do not experience symptoms. You do not need to currently be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to take the swab test.
How does the coronavirus self-test pcr swab kit work?
- Select the service you require:
- Test Only – You will complete your test as instructed at home by yourself and will be provided either a negative or positive result
- Test + Certificate – You will complete your test on a video call with a Nomad clinician and will be supplied with a COVID-19 travel certificate when your results are returned
- Place your order, selecting the delivery option you require: Express – delivery of your kit in 1-2 working days or Standard – delivery of your kit in 3-5 working days
- If you have requested a travel certificate with your test results, we will contact you to arrange a video consultation
- Once you receive your test kit, visit the Activation Portal – we will securely collect some personal information to activate your kit
- If you have requested a travel certificate, wait until your video consultation to unpack the kit & collect your sample under supervision
- Find the Request Form included in your self-test kit & complete the following fields:
- First & Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Signature + Date of Sample + Time of Sample (lower right of the form)
- Leave all other fields blank
- Read the included instructions on how to obtain your swab sample OR follow the guidance of your Nomad clinican during a video consultation
- Thoroughly wash your hands
- Find & complete the included Name Label marked ‘THROAT’
- Open the packet containing the swab & affix the completed Name Label to outside of the swab before you collect your sample
- Carefully follow the included instructions to ensure you properly obtain your swab sample
- Run through the enclosed checklist and ensure you have included both your swab sample & request form when packaging your self-test kit in the included postage-paid packaging
- Post your pre-addressed package in any post box & it will be sent directly to our lab for analysis
It is essential that the instructions are followed exactly to ensure that your kit is activated, and your sample is correctly obtained & sufficient for coronavirus infection testing.
Using the email provided when you activate your self-test kit, we will send a link to your online results documents along with security instructions.
How much does the coronavirus self-test pcr swab kit cost?
The Nomad coronavirus PCR swab costs from £145. We offer two options:
- £145 – Test Only (with no included travel certificate)
- £160 – Test + Travel Certificate (you will complete your test on a video call with a Nomad clinician & will be provided with a COVID-19 travel certificate
The total cost of the coronavirus PCR test will include delivery of the kit to your home in advance of your video consultation. Delivery charges are as follows
- £7 – Express delivery (1-2 working days
- £3.85 Standard delivery (3-5 working days)
The kit includes pre-paid postage & packing for returning your sample to our laboratory.
How will i receive my coronavirus self-test pcr swab results?
Once the laboratory has completed their analysis of your sample, we will send your results to the email address you provided when activating your coronavirus self-test kit online.
How long does it take to get coronavirus pcr swab self-test results?
The express covid-19 test takes 3-5 working days to get your results. This is the maximum time it will take from when the laboratory receives your swab sample.
What are the possible results of the self-test?
Your results documents will include your results, which will be either Negative or Positive. You will also be provided with information to help you understand your coronavirus self-test kits results.
There is a 1% chance your test result can come back as Inconclusive and the lab will inform us that you need a retest. There are a number of factors why this happens and the lab will not be able to be too specific. Inconclusive tests mean the lab can not prove you DID NOT have Covid-19 when you were tested, you will be advised to not fly by our team until you are retested. and no certificate will be provided.
What if i have further questions about my coronavirus self-test kit results?
Our expert clinicians are available to answer your questions regarding your coronavirus self-test kit results. We’ll let you know how you can reach a Nomad medical expert when we send your coronavirus infection results.
About coronavirus self-test analysis
Specialist laboratories are able to analyse swab samples to see if COVID-19 coronavirus is present. If the virus is present in your sample, you are currently infected with COVID-19.
Can I use this PCR test to help me with international travel and return to work?
Yes – You may also be able to use this test kit as a means of supporting entry to another country or for return to work purposes. There are currently inconsistencies with both return to work and international travel regulations. Different countries and employers have different regulations, and these regulations are changing rapidly. You must check with your employer, insurer and airline as to their individual & specific constraints around travel & COVID-19 testing. This certificate helps to support the validity of your test result.