Nomad offers Test to Release Coronavirus testing both at Nomad clinics and self-test kits to use at home. Nomad is a UKAS accredited private provider of Test to Release listed on GOV.UK. You will either visit a Nomad clinic, where a clinician will take a swab sample from your throat & nasal tissue, or use a simple self-test kit at home. Your sample will undergo laboratory analysis that has a ≥98% accuracy rate at detecting an active COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
If you opt for in-clinic TTR testing, your Nomad clinician will properly collect a sample to achieve accurate results. We learnt early on that this option to be swabbed by a clinician was really important to some of our clients, it helps to reduce inconclusive results. We are one of the only companies that offers this level of support as an option.
Please ensure you read and understand the following important information:
- This test is for detection of the live coronavirus indicating a current infection for those participating in the Test to Release (TTR) scheme
- It is your responsibility to ensure your test is booked to take place on or after the 5th full day of self-isolation. See the example below as a guide or Contact Us if you need help booking your test or ordering your self-test kit for an appropriate time
- Check the latest government information on the Test to Release scheme to check if you are eligible to opt-in before booking your appointment
Private COVID-19 testing – Why choose in-clinic testing?
- Money Back Guarantee: We are so confident that we will get results back to you within 48 hours that we offer a money back guarantee for in-clinic testing. If we do not return your results within 48 hours from when your sample is collected by our courier, we will refund the initial cost of your test and associated courier charges. Money back guarantee does not apply to home self-test TTR kits (£55) Conditions apply, please see our Terms & Conditions for full terms
- Customer Service: We’re available from 7am until 10pm to help you understanding your COVID testing requirements. We quickly realised how stressful our clients can find understanding testing requirements, so we put on extra team members to provide customer support.
- Swabbing support: Whether you come to our clinics or buy a self-test kit online, we have teams to assist you with accurate swabbing. We learnt that for the majority of customers this was really valued as it ensures a really reliable result. We are one of the only companies that offers this level of support for clients
- Couriers: For in-clinic Test To Release appointments, we courier all our swabs directly to the lab. This means your swab arrives sooner which in turn means we can get those results to you quickly, without fear of the swab being lost or delayed in the post. Home self-test kits include free return next day delivery that you can put in your local COVID priority post box.
- Experience: We’ve been travel health experts for nearly 30 years and work with some of the UK’s largest corporates, airlines and humanitarian organisations. They choose Nomad so that they don’t have to worry about poor customer service, delayed test results and missed flights.
How Much Does the Test to Release Coronavirus Test Cost?
In-Clinic Test to Release COVID-19 testing costs from £150. Sameday courier fees (£20) will also be chargeable, with discounts up to 20% on sameday courier fees for groups & families of 3 or more. Our couriers collect swab samples from the clinic at 5pm each day. Your results will be returned within 48 hours of this courier collection. We can arrange an earlier courier collection of your sample for an additional charge.
Home Self-Test Test To Release kits cost £55 including your easy to use self-test kit, plus free delivery and free next day return postage to send your swab sample back to the lab.
Does Nomad Offer a Money Back Guarantee for In-Clinic Testing?
Yes – we are very confident that we are one of the few providers that won’t let you down and we guarantee our 48 hours turnaround time for in-clinic appointment test results. If you book in-clinic Test To Release, and you don’t get your results within 48 hours from when your sample is collect by our courier, we’ll refund the cost of your PCR test and any associated courier fees. Please read our Terms & Conditions for applicable terms. Money back guarantee does not apply to home self-test Test To Release kits (£55).
When Should I Complete Test to Release COVID-19 testing?
Your Test to Release test swab should take place on or after the 5th full day of self-isolation.
Example: you depart a country on Monday morning and arrive in the UK on Monday afternoon. Tuesday will be your first full day of self-isolation. You can take a test no earlier than your 5th full day of self-isolation. Your appointment or self-swab must be on or after Saturday. You must continue to self-isolate while you await your test result. If you were to complete a test for earlier than 3pm Saturday, your result will be denied by the UK government.
How Does the Test to Release Home Self-Testing Work?
Order your Test To Release self-test kit from our partner laboratory and you will be provided with a test booking reference. Enter details of your test when you opt-in to the Test to Release scheme on your passenger locator form as part of your preparations to return to the UK.
How Does the Test to Release In-Clinic Testing Work?
Book your Test to Release appointment below & we will provide you with a test booking reference. Enter details of your test when you opt-in to the Test to Release scheme on your passenger locator form as part of your preparations to return to the UK.
During your appointment, a Nomad clinician will take your swab sample. Your sample will then be sent to our laboratory by courier. Specialist laboratory swab sample analysis will identify whether the COVID-19 coronavirus virus is present. If no virus is detected, you will be able to stop self-isolating as soon as you receive your result. If the virus is present in your sample, you are currently infected with COVID-19 and will be required to self-isolate for 10 days. Your results will be returned within 48 hours of your sample being collected from the clinic.
To complete Test to Release COVID-19 testing, book an appointment below
How will I receive my Test to Release coronavirus test results?
Once the laboratory has completed their analysis of your sample, we will send your results to the email address you provided when booking your Test to Release COVID test. You will have secure access to view & download your results.
What if i have further questions about my coronavirus test results?
This Test To Release service is provided by our laboratory partner Oncologica / Coronafocus. For support following placing an order, contact Oncologica directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01223 785 327. Nomad is not able to provide follow-up support on your test results when you order the basic PCR service.
What are the possible results of the Test to Release coronavirus test?
Your results documents will include your results, which will be either Negative, Positive or Inconclusive. You will also be provided with information to help you understand your coronavirus in-clinic test results.
Can I use Test to Release to help me with international travel and return to work?
Yes – we are an approved provider of Test to Release COVID-19 testing. Eligible passengers can choose to opt-in to the Test to Release scheme to reduce their self-isolation time. We will provide you with a test booking reference that you can enter with your opt-in details on the passenger locator form before departing on your return to the UK.
Book Test to Release Coronavirus Testing
In-clinic Test to Release COVID-19 testing is currently available at select Nomad clinic locations. Select your local clinic below to book an appointment or call 01341 555061
Throughout the pandemic, Nomad is committed to continue to provide travel health and COVID testing services to the public. We expect anyone to booking services with us to be aware of and adhering to any current law relating to permittable reasons for international travel. The details of which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. Clients should also be aware of restrictions relating to travel inside the UK, particularly in relation to crossing the English/Welsh border, the details of which can be found here: https://gov.wales/alert-level-4